A* SCIENCE ANSWERING TECHNIQUES Revealed for upper primary levels (PHYSICAL SCIENCE)
SAP Books are:
✅ Adopted and used by more than 90% of Singapore’s Schools
✅ Recommended by Teachers
✅ Recommended by Parents
A* SCIENCE ANSWERING TECHNIQUES REVEALED PHYSICAL SCIENCE promotes the development of a student’s skills in answering structured and open-ended questions in important Science examinations. It is designed to equip students in Primary 5 and 6 with the necessary skills to answer questions accurately and to the point.
Primary levels 5 to 6 (11 – 12 years)
• To provide guidance in answering structured and open-ended questions in important science tests and examinations
• Key Life Science and Physical Science Chapters as required by the curriculum.
• Higher Order Thinking Questions in each chapter to train students to tackle physical science and life science questions.
• Model Examples show step-by-step analysis of questions so students learn how to identify questions on their own in tests and examinations.
• Detailed Explanations and Solutions show how to use Keywords to answer questions.
Unique Selling Advantages (USAs)
• Technique to identify the TOPIC AND FOCUS of the question in order to answer the question appropriately is shown in detail in the questions and answers.
• Students are taught how to establish the Aim of the question so as to focus on the correct application of science concepts.
• EXTRA! important notes and tips given by teachers on keywords and the best way to present answers.
How A* SCIENCE ANSWERING TECHNIQUES REVEALED PHYSICAL SCIENCE book should be used
The questions are carefully crafted to ensure that they are relevant to the current syllabus. They are structured in a way that allows students to attempt the questions first before looking at the guided answers. Students can learn from the guidelines, notes and tips so that they are aware of common mistakes that often result in the loss of marks.
More than content knowledge
The current Science syllabus requires students to answer questions in given contexts. It requires more than content knowledge. Students are required to be specific in their answers, showing understanding of concepts through application.
More than an assessment book
This book is not merely a practice book. Students can learn from analysing their answers against the guided answers and learn to be more precise and concise in answering the various types of questions.
Size: 190mm x 260mm
Author: Linda Koh
13 ISBN: 9789813426252