Conquer Thinking Skills & Heuristics Workbook 3
SAP Books are:
✅ Adopted and used by more than 90% of Singapore Schools
✅ Recommended by Teachers
✅ Recommended by Parents
Conquer Thinking Skills & Heuristics Workbook 3 focuses on the underlying processes and strategies essential to problem solving. Each book introduces various skill sets and builds upon them as the level increases. The 6-book series covers the following thinking skills and heuristics:
|• Analysing Parts and Wholes
|• Act It Out
|• Draw a Diagram / Model Curriculum
|. Look for a Pattern
|• Identifying Patterns and Relationships
|• Work Backwards
|• Make a List / Table
|• Guess and Check
|• Spatial Visualisation
|• Make Suppositions
|• Use Equations
Students who are keen to develop their abilities in problem solving will learn quickly how to:
make sense of the problem sum: what am I asked to find?
make use of given information: what do I know?
think of possible strategies: have I come across similar problems before?
choose the correct strategy: apply what I know confidently!
solve the problem: work out the steps…
check the answer: is the solution logical and reasonable?
Primary levels 1 to 6
• Students who are keen on developing their abilities in problem solving will quickly learn how to do the following:
o Make sense of the problem sum: What am I asked to find?
o Make use of given information: What do I know?
o Think of possible strategies: Have I come across similar problems before?
o Choose the correct strategy: Apply what I know confidently.
o Solve the problem: Work out the steps.
o Check the answer: Is the solution logical and reasonable?
Key Features of Conquer Thinking Skills & Heuristics Workbook 3:
• Useful Examples to illustrate skill sets and improve understanding.
• Ample Practice Questions to sharpen problem solving skills and reinforce concepts.
• Review Questions (easy-intermediate-challenging) to provide for overall assessment of skills learned.
• Complete answers with Fully Worked-out Solutions to all questions.
• Perforated Tear-out Pages for selective teaching/learning and easy filing.
Unique Selling Advantages (USAs):
• There are Higher-order Questions which require application of more than 1 skill or heuristic which are aligned with the current syllabus.
• Students are introduced to different skill sets at each level with increasing depth and difficulty.
• Equipped with adaptive learning with Analytics Intelligence that identify students strengths and weaknesses, and help recommend worksheets to overcome the areas that students can improve on.
Size: 190mm x 260mm
Author: S. Leong / Shireen Khanalim / Sangeeta Dhillon
13 ISBN: 9789813424708