100 Facts Space Travel
You Save: $6.00
SAP Books are:
✅ Adopted and used by more than 90% of Singapore’s Schools
✅ Recommended by Teachers
✅ Recommended by Parents
100 Facts Space Travel includes key topics about travelling to and living in space in easily-digestible, numbered facts. Every page showcases amazing illustrations and photographs that clarify difficult points for children. A fantastic kids’ space book for both confident and reluctant readers.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Space Travel:
- How rockets blast into space
- How astronauts prepare to live in space and what it’s like on the International Space Station
- Visits to the Moon and Mars
Examples of ‘I don’t believe it’ fascinating facts:
- At launch, the shuttle weighed about 2 million kilograms, but most of this was fuel!
- The NASA spacesuits that the astronauts wear on spacewalks at the ISS cost $12 million each!
- Spacewalking astronauts may have to stay in their spacesuits for up to eight hours without a toilet break.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
- Make a balloon rocket and see how the pushing force, thrust, works.
- Work out how much you would weight on the Moon!
- Learn how to spot the International Space Station in a clear sky just before dawn or after sunset.
Size: 230mm x 296mm
Author: Sue Becklake
13 ISBN: 9781782096474
There are no reviews yet.