NOTES+ English Model Compositions FOR UPPER SECONDARY LEVELS
SAP Books are:
✅ Adopted and used by more than 90% of Singapore’s Schools
✅ Recommended by Teachers
✅ Recommended by Parents
Notes+ English Model Compositions for Lower and Upper Secondary Levels is a useful resource for composition writing.
Grade Level / Age Group:
Secondary levels 1 to 4 (13 – 16 years).
To provide a rich resource of composition ideas so students can improve on their language use in writing and learn to develop creative writing ideas on their own.
Lower Secondary (Secondary 1 and 2)
• Ideas, Topics and Model Compositions are arranged by writing types so students become familiar with the styles required of each type:
□ 120 Ideas and Model Compositions for Continuous Writing;
□ 200 Topics and Model Compositions for Continuous Writing and Situational Writing;
• Vocabulary provides definitions of selected words from the ideas;
• List of Idioms included for quick reference.
Upper Secondary (Secondary 3 and 4)
• Interesting Words and Expressions are used to enhance the essays;
• Argumentative Writing Model Compositions show students how to develop their arguments to support their position;
• Situational Writing show students how to present articles, speeches, letters, emails, reports, accounts appropriately
Unique Selling Advantages (USAs):
• An Ideas Page helps students gather ideas for their own stories before reading the model essay to make the writing
• The Topics are Commonly Tested to help students become familiar with the standards of important English writing
tests and examinations;
• List of Idioms provides the meanings to Over 120 Idioms so students can refer easily and be encouraged to use them in their writing to make it more interesting;
• Enhanced Learning features exercises on the use of idioms so students can practice and fully understand how to use the idioms in their compositions
Size: 190mm x 260mm
Author: F. Chua
13 ISBN: 9789813284999