Mastering G2 MATHEMATICS Secondary 1
SAP Books are:
✅ Adopted and used by more than 90% of Singapore’s Schools
✅ Recommended by Teachers
✅ Recommended by Parents
Mastering G2 MATHEMATICS Secondary 1 is written to help students to master the latest MOE Secondary 1 syllabus effectively and efficiently. The book aims to help students build a strong foundation in Mathematics so that they are well equipped to tackle more challenging content when they are promoted to Upper Secondary. The book is a balanced mix of foundational problems for those looking to get a head start into Secondary school Mathematics, as well as challenging problems for those looking to further augment their proficiency in the subject.
In recent years, as an effort to integrate students of various backgrounds, all MOE schools will implement full SBB (Subject-Based Banding)
and mixed form classes. One common challenge SBB students face is the increasing need to catch up with their peers, especially for content their peers have already learnt. This book is written with this in mind and specifically caters to G2 SBB students.
Grade Level / Age Group: Secondary Level 1 (13 years)
Students should be able to…
• Prepare adequately for tests and examinations;
• Solve questions with ease and a clear understanding of concepts;
• Master the procedural problem-solving techniques of Secondary Mathematics.
Unique Selling Advantages (USAs):
This series is designed to…
• Embark on a meticulously crafted journey through over 100 subtopics and learning strategies, blending the latest trends in GCE O-level examinations with the authors’ teaching expertise
• Immerse in a unique learning experience with a balanced blend of foundational and challenging exercises, meticulously designed to enhance students’ proficiency.
• Uncover each chapter’s essence through concise, meticulously crafted notes, spotlighting key points and essential formulae for clarity and precision.
• Conclude each chapter with powerful Checklists, guiding students to consolidate learning and embark on a journey of mastery.
About the Authors of Mastering G2 MATHEMATICS Secondary 1
Mr. Ignatius Yeo is a former Ministry of Education (MOE) Teacher and the incumbent Principal Tutor in AlphaOmegaMath, who holds a Masters of Education (Mathematics) from the National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He tutelages students from a number of top schools, with a specialization in Secondary school Mathematics. His vast teaching experience and effective pedagogy have impacted thousands of students. Not to mention, he has also authored and co-authored numerous practical math textbooks and school assessment books.
Mr. Bervyn Yeo holds a Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Mathematics and Economics. Across his MOE teaching career of more than 7 years, he served as the form teacher from one of the first few schools in Singapore which pioneered the full Subject-Based Banding and mixed form class initiative by MOE. He was also part of the Applied Learning Programme Committee in his former school, and is no stranger to integrating technology into his pedagogy. Having also conducted the Zoom Algebra Masterclass for Secondary One students, Mr Bervyn Yeo believes that technology enhances a child’s learning experience when used appropriately.
Size: 148mm x 210mm
Author: Ignatius Yeo / Bervyn Yeo
13 ISBN: 9789813426733