Conquer Thinking Skills & Heuristics Workbook 1
SAP Books are:
✅ Adopted and used by more than 90% of Singapore Schools
✅ Recommended by Teachers
✅ Recommended by Parents
The six-book series covers the following
thinking skills and heuristics:
• Analysing Parts and Wholes
• Identifying Patterns and Relationships
• Spatial Visualisation
• Act It Out
• Draw a Diagram / Model Curriculum
. Look for a Pattern
• Work Backwards
• Make a List / Table
• Guess and Check
• Make Suppositions
• Use Equations
• Students who are keen on developing their abilities in problem solving will quickly learn how to do the following:
o Make sense of the problem sum: What am I asked to find?
o Make use of given information: What do I know?
o Think of possible strategies: Have I come across similar problems before?
o Choose the correct strategy: Apply what I know confidently.
o Solve the problem: Work out the steps.
o Check the answer: Is the solution logical and reasonable?
Primary levels 1 to 6
• Useful Examples to illustrate skill sets and improve understanding.
• Ample Practice Questions to sharpen problem solving skills and reinforce concepts.
• Review Questions (easy-intermediate-challenging) to provide for overall assessment of skills learned.
• Complete answers with Fully Worked-out Solutions to all questions.
• Perforated Tear-out Pages for selective teaching/learning and easy filing.
Unique Selling Advantages (USAs)
• There are Higher-order Questions which require application of more than 1 skill or heuristic which are aligned with the current syllabus.
• Students are introduced to different skill sets at each level with increasing depth and difficulty.
• Equipped with adaptive learning with Analytics Intelligence that identify students strengths and weaknesses, and help recommend worksheets to overcome the areas that students can improve on.
*Not for sale to South America, Central America and The Caribbean Territories. Kindly email us for assistance.
Size: 190mm x 260mm
Authors: S. Leong / Shireen Khanalim / Sangeeta Dhillon
13 ISBN: 9789813216013