Conquer Model Drawing For Upper Primary Levels
SAP Books are:
✅ Adopted and used by more than 90% of Singapore Schools
✅ Recommended by Teachers
✅ Recommended by Parents
Conquer Model Drawing For Upper Primary Levels is one of the titles in a series of two books – specially conceived and developed to encapsulate the essence of mathematical modelling and harness students’ cognitive skills to solve word problems. The books cover all topics in the curriculum: Numbers, Measurements, Fractions, Decimals, Ratio, Average, Percentage and Speed.
In Primary Mathematics, applications and modelling are problem solving processes that allow students to connect mathematics learned to the real world, thereby enhancing the understanding of key concepts and methods as well as developing mathematical competencies.
Primary levels 1 to 6 (7 – 12 years)
Key Features of Conquer Model Drawing For Upper Primary Levels :
• Covers all 8 Core Topics including Numbers, Measurements, Fractions, Decimals, Ratio, Average, Percentage and Speed.
• Different Model Types introduced and explained within units. Helpful Notes and Tips to help students understand model drawing and labeling better.
• Full Worked Solutions with explanatory text and clearly + accurately illustrated model diagrams.
• Free Online Examples and Exercises related to relevant topics and concepts.
Unique Selling Advantages (USAs):
• One and only. The book is current, relevant, and the only contemporary model drawing trainer in the market.
• There are Showcased Complex Higher-order Models involving sub-units and ‘nano- units’, alternative strategies (e.g. the unitary method) are also presented. Every possible core curricular topic bearing word problems is ‘Model-infused’
• Equipped with adaptive learning with Analytics Intelligence that identify students strengths and weaknesses, and help recommend worksheets to overcome the areas that students can improve on.
Why draw a model?
Modelling, in particular, is the process of formulating and improving a mathematical model to solve real-world problems. Through mathematical modelling, students learn to deal with ambiguity, make connections, select and apply appropriate mathematics concepts and skills, identify assumptions and reflect on the solutions, and make informed decisions based on given or collected data. In other words, a student learns to read a problem, assess the known and unknown, draw a model to represent the problem, and in the process, simplify the problem to see a solution.
The topics, and therefore, the questions, are graded for effective progressive learning. Examples appended with clear notes and instructions serve to help students understand the concept behind each model drawing. Exercises are designed to teach the use of these models for problem solving.
The step-by-step solutions provide a comprehensive learning experience for students, enabling them to master the mathematical skill of model drawing.
Size: 190mm x 260mm
Author: Teachers From Walter Education Centre
13 ISBN: 9789813426245